Protection, Promotion and Support of Healthy Maternal, Infant and Young Child Feeding
The Essential Nutrition Actions (ENAs) Approach
Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD)
- Monitor quality of iodized salt in the market
- Border and inland monitoring using Titration to assess the adequacy of iodized salt and Rapid Test Kits to assess the presence of iodine.
- Schools can be successfully involved for monitoring salt iodization at household level (15ppm) and urinary iodine level (mcg/L)
- Promotion of iodized salt consumption
- National Universal Salt Iodization to increase visibility among the public.
- Partnership with the private sectors to promote universal access to iodized salt.
- Partnership with media and frontline workers to promote key messages at all contact points.
9 October, 2013